Vonachen Group is looking to fill a Help Desk Technician position in Peoria, IL who will carry out the functions and processes of the IT Service Operations to provide effective and efficient IT Services.
- Network Infrastructure: Aid the Director of Technology in maintaining current and developing a network infrastructure that supports the company data and voice communication needs and meets any potential growth or changes to operations.
- Operating Environment: Aid the Director of Technology in maintaining an operating environment that delivers the applications and functionality users require while maintaining the reliability and availability standards deemed critical/essential by management.
- Security: Will maintain current security protocols for the network.
- Technology Trends: Monitor general technology trends and industry uses of technology in order to plan for the integration of new, emerging, and established solutions into the VSI/DSI operational structure.
- Communication: Maintain regular communications with management to leverage technology opportunities as they present themselves.
- Training: Provide orientation and learning methods for staff.
- Maintenance: Perform hands-on troubleshooting, set-ups, and maintenance as required.
- Customer Service: Provide service to users in a friendly, prompt, helpful manner always.
- Other duties as assigned: Assist in other areas as required
- Documentation: Provide and maintain accurate documentation of systems and services performed and maintained.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Enforce IT user policies and website security measures. Aid in maintaining disaster backup and recovery plans.
- Provide help desk support for staff and troubleshoot problems or provide maintenance as required.
- Provide management and staff training to enhance understanding and use of technology.
- Review and evaluate new technologies and make recommendations for system upgrades.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Traits:
- The incumbent should have an Associate's degree or education and/or certification in related technology fields or at least 3 years of managing a growing and changing IT infrastructure.
- Experience in managing Azure environments
- Experience providing Help Desk Service
- Must have strong writing and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively present information to staff, management, and public groups.
- Must be able to work independently, have personal initiative, and capable of working in an environment that values transparency, consensus, and mutual support.
- Must function in a professional office setting. Possess a general understanding of and ability to use or learn to use personal computers, fax machines, and other office equipment.
- Be able to communicate and interact verbally, both in person and over the phone.
- Be able to communicate through the written word at high levels of performance.
- Requires the ability to travel regularly outside of the building for appointments or meetings.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Competitive salary with benefits includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), STD & LTD, vacation, and paid holidays.