Safety ManagerRequisition Number: 2020-1725
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Peoria IL 61615
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: N/A
The Vonachen Group is looking to hire a working Safety Manager responsible for assigned region combined with leading the health and safety programs for approximately 2,300 employees in multiple locations across 11 states in the Midwest and South. This includes developing occupational safety programs, monitoring compliance at customer locations, monitoring and reporting on performance, providing occupational safety and operational training, and root cause investigation of injuries and near misses throughout assigned region and across the enterprise. Reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Five years of experience in occupational health and safety required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience developing and managing safety programs for an organization
- Ability to collect and analyze relevant data in order to prioritize safety efforts
- Deep expertise in state and federal occupational health and safety laws and regulations
- Experience in training employees in OSHA-required programs, including but not limited to, GHS Hazard Communications, Bloodborne Pathogens, Control of Hazardous Energy, Permit-Required Confined Space Entry, Fall Prevention, Hazardous Waste Operations, and Emergency Response, Powered Industrial Trucks, and Aerial Lifts etc.
- Experience in training and certification of employees to operate required industrial equipment such as sweeper scrubbers and utility carts and vehicles
- Four-year degree in Occupational Safety is preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and customer safety representatives
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Normal office hours Monday thru Friday with additional time in the evening and on weekends as required. Extensive travel required to visit customer locations. A company vehicle will be provided. Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), STD, LTD, vacation and holidays.