Payroll Administrator-Full Time with Benefits!Requisition Number: 2021-3729
Position Type: Full Time
Industry: Corporate Office Building
Location: Peoria IL 61615
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: N/A
Vonachen Group is looking to fill a Payroll Administrator to work in the Corporate Office in Peoria, IL. Under occasional supervision, performs the administration of the company’s payroll function. Oversees and processes changes related to payroll records. Verifies payroll data for entirety and accuracy. Monitors payroll procedures for ensuring compliance with government agencies.
- Prepare multi-state U.S bi-weekly payroll for multiple payroll companies
- Calculate manual checks outside of normal payroll processing schedule
- Manage non-benefit plan payroll deductions, retroactive payment adjustments, tax related items, garnishments, and W2's
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets
- Assistance in administering payroll year end processes
- Generate reports upon request
- Ensure tax and regulatory compliance are met and observed, including registration in new tax jurisdictions.
- Maintain payroll records in accordance with governmental retention requirements
- Organize and maintain appropriate work instructions and process flows for payroll processing
- Respond to supervisor and employee payroll inquires and provide excellent customer service to all individuals.
- Additional duties as assigned
Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to management on matters of payroll.
Ability to communicate effectively with employees on payroll-related matters
Education & Experience
Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance required, Accounting Degree preferred
Three plus years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions; Three years additional payroll office experience in lieu of Associate's degree
Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.