Lawn Care TechnicianRequisition Number: 2020-0916
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Dubuque IA 52001
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: 12.00
Vonachen Group was established in 1968 as a private, family-owned janitorial service company. From the very beginning, we’ve remained true to our “Midwestern values.” Our team is hard-working, responsive and reliable. We believe in delivering quality work, honoring our commitments and treating clients and employees with respect. Vonachen Group has earned a reputation as “people of integrity,” and it’s this reputation we work hard to keep!
Vonachen Group is committed to creating a cleaner, safer and healthier environment for our valued clients. No matter what type of business we serve, Vonachen Group strives to exceed expectations by meeting the unique needs of your facility, staying within budget, responding and adjusting to workflow within 24 hours and working side-by-side with you as a member of your team.
Since its founding, Vonachen Group has evolved into a full-service facility maintenance leader that provides janitorial services, healthcare services, logistics and special services for a wide range of clients throughout Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska and Tennessee.
DSI (Diversified Services for Industry), a Vonachen Family company, is looking to fill an Industrial Laborer position in a heavy industrial facility in Dubuque, IA. Job duties include:
1. Daily preparation of equipment
2. Report on time at regular start time (06:30am)
3. Load all tools, gas and other necessary equipment/materials. Secure all equipment safely.
4. Perform and manage landscape and maintenance tasks on client's properties.
5. Work in conjunction with the Crew Lead to ensure the work contracted is implemented efficiently
and according to the contracted specifications.
6. Provide labor associated with the maintenance of all lawns & garden beds, including cleanouts.
7. Perform all tasks of operations including but not limited to mowing, line trimming, blowing, leaf
and debris removal, weeding, edging, hedging, raking and mulch installation.
8. Proper use of safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment and practices of the crew.
9. Follow all customer/company policies and procedures
Power industrial vehicle experience is preferred. Applicant must be reliable and have an eye for detail. The position will include bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, a lot of walking and lifting up to 40 pounds. Must pass a background check and drug screen.
The pay rate is $12/hour with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and STD.
The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 1st Shift
Steel toe shoes are required.
Good with heights up to 40 feet