Human Resources GeneralistRequisition Number: 2022-3254
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Normal IL 61761
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: $50,000-$55,000
Vonachen Group is a full-service facility maintenance leader that provides janitorial, healthcare, material handling, and logistics support services. Established in 1968 as a private family-owned business, we are proud to remain true to our “Midwestern Values”. We believe in delivering quality work, honoring our commitments, and treating clients and employees with respect. Vonachen Group has earned a reputation as “people of integrity,” and it’s this reputation we work hard to keep! Vonachen Group employees are key contributors to our success. Offering competitive wages, excellent benefits, and promotion from within. Our hope is that individuals become not only a part of our team but of our family!
Vonachen Group is looking to hire an HR Generalist to support 200 employees at a manufacturing facility in Normal, IL.
- Provide HR leadership, consultation, and guidance for all people-related matters to the team supported.
- Work independently and conduct comprehensive investigations into all types of workplace issues and complaints including without limitation allegations of harassment/discrimination.
- Partner with managers at all levels to provide objective direction regarding employment policies and employment practices on various complex issues.
- Administer federal, state, and corporate employee paperwork requirements.
- Maintain Human Resources information system records
- Coach and support line managers on current and future plans to design their respective organizations and put in place change management plans to help their operations be successful.
- Critical areas to be addressed include talent and performance management, employee engagement, and succession planning.
- Establish and execute staffing plans - The Generalist is overall accountable for the staffing plans however the recruitment team executes these plans.
- Leverage talent acquisition resources to ensure a strong and robust pipeline of both internal and external talent exists to fill existing and evolving team staffing needs.
- Assist in the development, documentation, and implementation of personnel policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Complete a wide variety of tasks within the time constraints of each assignment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with internal clients across the site
- Monitor and continually seek to improve HR effectiveness by tracking and reporting key metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field or 1-2 years of human resources experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competitive salary and benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), company-paid STD & LTD, vacation, and holiday pay.