Human Resources GeneralistRequisition Number: 2022-3036
Position Type: Full Time
Industry: Corporate Office Building
Location: Peoria IL 61615
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: $55k-$65k
Vonachen Group was established in 1968 as a private, family-owned janitorial service company. Since its founding, the company has evolved into a full-service facility maintenance leader that provides janitorial services, healthcare services, logistics and special services for a wide range of clients throughout Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Ohio, Tennessee, and Wisconsin. We believe in delivering quality work, honoring our commitments and treating clients and employees with respect. Vonachen Group is committed to creating a cleaner, safer, and healthier environment for our valued clients.
Vonachen Group is looking to hire a HR Generalist to support the Central Region based out of Peoria, IL.
- Review and update HR and employee-related forms to ensure forms are current and compliant, and all company-related entities are using current and consistent forms.
- Assist with developing and implementing training and onboarding programs.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll, FMLA, and general employee personnel issues.
- Assist Managers with recruitment and interview process, including phone screens, posting job ads, scheduling applicants, sending application information, and gathering feedback as necessary.
- Schedule and conduct new employee orientation activities including meeting arrangements, compilation of new hire paperwork, and overview of timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Input new employee information into payroll and timekeeping systems to create employee records.
- Assist with creating personnel files using electronic file system.
- Review wages and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Assist with maintaining file system and files correspondence and other records.
- Assist with coordinating employee meetings and group events, assists with preparing agendas, and reserving and preparing facilities.
- Assist HR Manager with projects and assignments as needed.
- Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Collaborate with the human resources team to develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Identify future staffing needs.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field preferred
- 3-5 years human resources experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Understanding of personnel and compliance records management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Annual Salary Range $55,000-$65,000
- Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), STD & LTD
- Vacation and paid holidays