General CleanerRequisition Number: 2020-1769
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Escanaba MI 49829
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: 13
Vonachen Group is a private, family-owned janitorial service company. Our team is hard-working, responsive and reliable. We believe in delivering quality work, honoring our commitments and treating clients and employees with respect. Vonachen Group has earned a reputation as “people of integrity,” and it’s this reputation we work hard to keep! Our relationship with our employees and customers is sacred and we trust our employees to represent us with professionalism, friendliness and detail-oriented cleaning services.
Accent Specialty Services, a Vonachen family company, is looking to fill full-time, first shift General Cleaner positions with a manufacturing client in Escanaba, MI. Ideal candidates for this opportunity are energetic, responsible, detail-oriented, flexible in scheduling and have reliable transportation. Depending upon custodial experience, starting pay rate is $13.00 per hour; scheduled working hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 3:30PM with occassional weekend hours as needed.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability coverages are available. the first of the month following thirty days of employment. Advancement opportunities are available for the right, motivated individual. A background and drug screening must be passed for consideration.
A General Cleaner is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing various spaces which could include offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen / breakroom areas, locker rooms, and public areas. Steel-toed shoes are required - all other appropriate PPE provided including company tee shirts, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves and etc.
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning, etc)
- Gather and empty trash recepticles
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and equipment
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- No janitorial experience required, we provide on the job training
- Successful candidates will be reliable, have strong attention to detail, be flexible on occasion and are able to work independently
- Able to meet physical requirements, such as lifting, up to 40 lbs, bending, twisting, climbing stairs, a lot of walking and standing for duration of shift
- Clean background and drug screening required
- Steel-toed footwear required (not provided)
- All other required personal protective equipment provided including company logo attire
This first shift, full-time position starts at $13.00 per hour working a Monday through Friday schedule from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Occasional weekend or holiday hours may be required.
Medical, dental and vision coverages available the first of the month following thirty days of employment. PTO and 401K benefits are available after one year tenure.