Facility ManagerRequisition Number: 2022-3034
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Davenport IA 52807
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Pay Rate: N/A
DSI (Diversified Services for Industry) a Vonachen Group family company was established in 1968 as a private, family-owned janitorial service company. From the very beginning, we’ve remained true to our “Midwestern values.” Our team is hard-working, responsive and reliable. We believe in delivering quality work, honoring our commitments and treating clients and employees with respect. Vonachen Group has earned a reputation as “people of integrity,” and it’s this reputation we work hard to keep!
DSI is looking to fill a Facility Manager role in an industrial setting in Davenport, IA
The Facility Manager will plan, direct, coordinate and oversee operations activities for a team within the facility. This person is responsible for leadership and development of the team, efficient and cost-effective use of company systems, while delivering the highest outcomes to stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, management, and direction to employees in a large industrial facility
- Manage operations support in logistics, e.g., material handling, shipping, and receiving
- Maintain health and safety standards
- Assess and manage staffing needs, develop, and coach employees
- Lead continuous improvement efforts, organizing and managing projects
- Maintain a positive relationship with customer stakeholders
- Financial planning, execution, and analysis (P&L responsibility)
- Routine and transparent communication regarding goals and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Complete knowledge of customer scope of work; manage work order system??
- Complete understanding of staff leadership positions; able to perform duties when required?
- Facilitate and maintain professional working relationship with all customer contacts
Skills and Abilities
- Must be 18 years or older and possess a valid driver's license and clean MVR
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Lead all regulatory and?site-specific?safety practices and protocols?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices
- Ability to manage financial results
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in manufacturing logistics operations is preferred
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, particularly Built in Quality, is preferred
- Experience motivating and coaching employees is required
- Machine operator certification (Vonachen Group will provide)
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Able to lift, push & pull 50lbs
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- The pay range is depending on experience with earned quarterly bonuses .
- A company provided cellphone, and laptop will be issued.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), STD, LTD,
- Vacation/Holiday pay.