Vonachen Group and its family of companies provides ongoing training, education and assistance to our employees as required by our customers and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our two-person Safety Team consists of the Director of Safety and Field Training Consultant. These degreed professionals bring a diverse background to address the ever-changing area of Occupational Safety and Risk Management.
Some of these support activities include:
- OSHA Training in Aerial Lifts, Powered Industrial Trucks, Control of Hazardous Energy, Permit Required Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment, Crane, Hoist and Sling Use, Globally Harmonized Hazard Communication, Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), and Utility Vehicle Operations. Most training is done on-site.
- Issue and maintain the Certificates of Insurance Library for both customers and vendors
- Project design of special projects with a high degree of hazardous exposure
- Regular job site visits to customer’s facilities
- Interfacing with the customer contacts and customer Occupational Safety staffs
- Assists with the development of cleaning standards for our family of companies Operations Manuals
- Provide monthly bi-lingual safety training topics for presentation by our supervisory team to our employees
- Provide weekly bi-lingual training e-mails sent to our supervisory team to review with our employees. These training e-mails are content specific for the Healthcare, Commercial and Industrial Operations service lines.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure an effective, efficient on-boarding process
These safety-based activities continually reduce accidents and incident rates throughout our family of companies which translate into a stronger workforce and providing quality services to our valued customer.
Vonachen has been recognized for its continued commitment to safety excellence and has been awarded the Building Service Contractors’ Association International (BSCAI) Safety Award for 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015.